Ceramics are materials and various products made from clay as the main raw material and various natural minerals through crushing, mixing, molding and calcining. Bone china is the abbreviation of bone china, and its scientific name is bone ash china. It is a kind of porcelain made of animal bone charcoal, clay, feldspar and quartz as the basic raw materials, after high-temperature biscuit firing and low-temperature glaze firing. So which is better, ceramics or bone china? What are the differences between bone china and ceramics?
The difference between bone china and ceramics
1. Light and heavy: Compared with the same type of bone china and ceramics, bone china will be very light.
2. Color: The color of bone china is as gentle as jade, and the color of ceramics is greenish.
3. Permeability: bone china has good light transmittance.
4. Good heat preservation: Compared with traditional porcelain, bone china has better heat preservation, and has a better taste when drinking coffee or tea.
5. More durable: Because the composition of bone china is different from ordinary porcelain, it can be thinner, tougher and wear-resistant, not easy to wear and break. Bone china will not crack at a time when the heat exchange between 180℃ and 20℃ water.
6. High grade: Bone china is currently recognized as a high-end porcelain in the world. It has the dual values of use and art. It is a symbol of power and status. The picture on the bone china will appear very real and clear.
7. Listen to the sound: Hold the bone china in the palm of your hand and hit the bone china bowl with a pen or small stick to make a sound like a bell.
8. Choose a larger bone china bowl, pour in as much water as one knuckle of your finger knuckles in it, and rub your fingers around the bowl with the water, then it will make a resonant “squeak” sound.