Disadvantages of glass tableware
The disadvantage of glass tableware is that it is fragile. If used improperly, it is easy to cause explosion; glass tableware is clean and hygienic and does not contain toxic substances, but glass tableware sometimes “mould” because the glass is corroded by water for a long time, and the silicic acid in the glass Sodium reacts with carbon dioxide in the air to form white carbonic acid crystals, which are harmful to human health, so alkaline detergents can be used to remove them during use.
The cleaning method
Ordinary glass tableware is not completely reliable, and it will produce “mould” in the specific environment of long-term soaking. This is because glass is corroded by water for a long time, and the sodium silicate in the glass reacts with carbon dioxide in the air to produce white carbonic acid crystals, which are harmful to human health. The way to remove these carbonic acid crystals is to wash with alkaline detergent. Although ordinary glass may also contain a small amount of lead, it will not cause health damage under normal use. If you are not at ease, soak ordinary glass tableware in vinegar water before the first use to allow lead to precipitate. It is best to use ordinary glassware for acidic beverages or food, and avoid using leaded glassware.