The shapes of ceramic tableware are delicate and diverse, and the colors are bright and easy to clean. It is the first choice for many families to buy tableware. Although ceramics have brought us countless conveniences in our lives, it is still inevitable that it is harmful to the human body. The colored glaze used in ceramic tableware contains mercury, radium, lead, etc., which will cause harm to the human body. So let’s take a look at how to choose a good ceramic tableware?
1. When selecting, carefully check whether the shape of the tableware is correct, whether there is damage, air bubbles, spots, etc. In short, the first step is to look at the shape, the surface of the ceramics with thorns, spots or even cracks, the lead contained in the colored glaze is easy to ooze out, and it is not suitable for making tableware.
2. Tap the surface of the tableware a few times to hear the crisp sound quality better. The dull or hoarse sound is mostly inferior.
3. When choosing tableware, don’t choose those decorated with colorful glaze, especially the inner wall of the tableware should not be painted. Underglaze or in-glaze can still be chosen, such as blue and white decoration.
4. The cutlery just bought can be soaked and boiled in water with vinegar, so that most of the toxic substances can be removed, which can greatly reduce the potential threat of ceramic tableware to the human body.
5. When choosing those tableware decorated with gold and silver edges, it is best to wipe it with your hands first.
6. Ceramic tableware with too bright colors is not necessarily good. Some manufacturers add some heavy metal additives to the colorful glaze in order to make the ceramics look more bright.
7. When choosing the set of ceramic tableware, you should also carefully check whether the glaze, picture, gloss and style of each piece are uniform. Beware that there are shoddy and inferior products in the set of tableware. .
8. To buy ceramic tableware, it is better to choose a formal market. Don’t buy inferior products that do not have a formal manufacturer because of greed.
9. After you buy the tableware, do not use ceramic tableware to store acidic food and beverages such as juice, coffee or wine for a long time. Because ceramics store acidic foods or beverages for too long, especially in high-temperature seasons, the easier it is to dissolve lead, and too much lead can cause toxic side effects.